TU Dance is a non-profit, professional contemporary dance company located in St. Paul, Minnesota. Founded in 2004, the company creates and performs choreography celebrating a diversity of styles and dance traditions. Since its founding, TU Dance has changed the Minnesota dance landscape through its performances, presenting work of “buoyant energy and amazing grace” (Dance Magazine) and through its educational programming at TU Dance Center. The Center is a hub for dance education, training, and practice that has already become a valued community asset in St. Paul with ties to the national field. TU Dance is committed to building and energizing engagement with dance by interweaving dance genres, inspiring students, hiring and training artists from broadly diverse backgrounds, forming meaningful partnerships, and engaging to a broad community. TU Dance strives to provide opportunities for people of all backgrounds to experience the connective power of dance.
TU Dance seeks mission-focused, outgoing candidates for the position of School Coordinator.The School Coordinator (SC) is a generalist who will support a wide range of The School at TU Dance Center program activities, including budgeting, program design support, student registration and invoicing, contracts and scheduling of faculty, day to day school activities, support in grant reporting related to the school, and record keeping. The position will also provide administrative support for TU Dance’s fundraising/development ensuring the success of TU Dance events, as well as providing support for marketing tasks. The position reports to the Artistic Director and Executive Director. This position offers:
- a creative work environment; an organization committed to artistry, excellence, and innovation;
- free tuition for TU Dance Center programs (only for the hire);
- an hourly rate of $18/hour, full-time position;
- health benefits (short and long term disability, vision, and dental. No health insurance is offered);
- paid personal time off (PTO) and maternity leave.
Requirements/qualifications. The successful candidate will:
- be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and able to adapt to frequent, rapid changes;
- have flexibility in scheduling and availability for evening and weekend hours;
- demonstrate the following attributes: self-motivated, creative problem solving skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, an ability to give exceptional customer service when presented with challenging situations, a strong attention to detail, well organized, and the ability to manage responsibilities independently;
- share our commitment to diversity and have experience working with people from a wide range of cultural backgrounds;
- have sound administrative skills including budget management, experience with a database, and basic IT skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Google for mail and group calendar as well as Google docs);
- be able to use own laptop;
- (preferred) have a vehicle or alternative method of transportation;
- (preferred) have experience in some aspect of professional dance or performing arts;
- (preferred) two years experience in arts administration.
TO APPLY: Submit a cover letter expressing interest and a current résumé including a minimum of 2 references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
TU Dance is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for this position will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.