Please consider supporting Alternative Motion Project this Give to the Max Day as we usher in a new era/decade of Moving BIG. We are hopping to reach our $10,000 goal and each donation will be matched (up to $5,000) making your donation in any size even more impactful.
Funds will directly support our efforts to empower and connect artists and audiences through contemporary dance.
Where does your generosity go? Your support helps people!
81% of our FY21 budget went directly to pay personnel.
Help AMP move into our next decade of dance as we support AMP’s artists and audiences alongside the broader MN dance community through creation, performance, and engagement opportunities.
We are expanding our performance and education programs this year. Any donation gets us closer to achieving our goal of equitable and competitive compensation for our personnel’s valuable work.
Your contributions will greatly impact and support a smooth and steady transition year as Joanna Lees shifts to AMP’s sole Artistic and Executive Director. AMP returned to The Southern Theater forViewPoints ’22 in October, which included audience engagement, community master classes and new work commissions by local dance artists Nieya Amezquita, Rachel Lieberman, Alexandra Bodnarchuk, and Body Watani/Noelle and Leila Awadallah.
Current and upcoming programing includes:
- Move to the MAX: Virtual Edition ’22 – November 2022
- AMP supports and builds community within movement organizations with a unique performance event occurring all online and on-demand.
- AMP’s Second Annual Winter Workshop – December 2022
- A three-day workshop for local professionals and students to connect through artistic development opportunities.
- AMP’s eleventh Spring Season Performance* – April 2023
- The addition of a second weekend of performances featuring all new works by Company Member Zoë Koenig, Guest Choreographers Brianna Rae Johnson and Khary Jackson, and a new collaboration between Joanna Lees and Sound Artist Dameun Strange.
- *This activity will occur pending grant funding, TBD December 2022.
- Amplified Summer Workshop – Summer 2023
- This five-day workshop will invites participants to engage in various movement practices, improvisation, creative process, and repertory material.
Thank you for your consideration. Regardless, please don’t forget to support your local nonprofits now through Thursday, November 17.
With Gratitude and Appreciation,
Joanna Lees, and AMP’s Artists and Board