Zenon Dance Company and School, Inc. seeks a Xchange Volunteer Coordinator to join its administrative team!
Zenon Dance School has been at the heart of the Twin Cities dance community for nearly 40 years, and is housed in two beautiful studios on the 4th floor of the Cowles Center for Dance in downtown Minneapolis. Zenon offers four sessions of dance classes per year with adult and youth classes offered per session, to recreational, pre-professional, and professional dancers teaching a broad variety of styles including traditional techniques such as ballet, modern, and jazz as well as hip hop, afro-modern, and belly dance. The school’s faculty consists of the area’s leading teachers, dancers, accompanists and choreographers.
The Xchange Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for managing Zenon Dance School’s volunteer program, Xchange, and working in partnership with the School Coordinator and Assistant on volunteer requirements; responsibilities include:
- Coordinating Xchange volunteers to staff Zenon Dance School’s lobby desk.
- Scheduling Xchange volunteers for regular shifts during Zenon school sessions and for special events (Open House, Workshop Week, Zenon Dance Zone performances, Summer Camps, Master Classes, etc.)
- Training new volunteers and/or scheduling Xchange Volunteer training shifts.
- Managing and issuing Xchange volunteer hours weekly.
- Maintaining and updating Xchange volunteer contact files and sub lists.
- Serving as the main point of contact for Xchange volunteers
- Troubleshooting absences, finding substitutes and covering shifts when needed.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, and able to prioritize workload
- Must have good communication skills and be able to work with a wide variety of people
- Familiarity with MS Office, Google Forms, Mindbody (online POS system)
- Knowledge of dance preferred
- Prior non-profit experience preferred
Salary and Benefits: This is an Independent Contractor position with an estimated 10 hours per week for 52 weeks; weekly stipend of $150; unlimited free dance classes at Zenon Dance School and reduced studio rental fees. Flexible in-person and remote work schedule.
Zenon Dance Company and School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Send a cover letter and resume to Danielle Robinson-Prater, School Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.