A strong and supple spine is essential to a healthy body. Your spine is a centerpiece of skeletal movement, it is literally the back bone of your ability to sleep, function, and move properly. By learning to distribute effort evenly along the spine, these lessons will improve your ability to bend, twist, and extend, offering you more options in your daily movement repertoire. Through novel movements, interspersed with rest, these lessons will help disentangle patterns of overuse and habits in the spine that no longer serve you.
September 19-November 10
Sundays, 4:00-5:00pm CST
Wednesdays, 6:30-7:30pm CST
Each lesson is taught twice. You have the choice to come to one or both days.
In Awareness Through Movement®, we explore how we can move with the smallest amount of effort. The smallest amount of effort or exertion will facilitate the maximum amount of sensory differentiation and thus make information available for new learning. Slow movements will facilitate a parasympathetic response, the rest and digest response of the nervous system. This is a non-judgemental, non-corrective, and liberating way to experience your body in motion.
What you receive by registering for the series:
- 2 weekly Awareness Through Movement® lessons, 60 minutes each
- Community discussion after each lesson with time for asking questions, harvesting, and sharing
- Recordings automatically available 48 hrs after each live class
- Stream recordings indefinitely
- Option to download recordings
- Optional individual consult with Sarah