Upstream Arts is hiring! Apply for the Administrative Coordinator position by July 23, 2021 by emailing a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Upstream Arts is a nonprofit organization at the intersection of arts, learning, and disability. Upstream Arts uses the power of the creative arts to activate and amplify the voice and choice of individuals with disabilities. Learn more at https://www.upstreamarts.org. Upstream Arts is a great place for artists to work. In addition to the Teaching Artists of all disciplines, the office staff is comprised of dancers, theater makers, and artists of all types.
Reports to Associate Director and Operations Manager
The Administrative Coordinator will support the daily administrative work of Upstream Arts, a mid-sized nonprofit that values and leverages creativity and collaboration in a busy work environment. The Administrative Coordinator plays a crucial role in maintaining an effective organizational workflow, utilizing the many systems in place to support the many facets of the day to day activities of the organization.
- Upstream Arts’ office is an open (no walls) office environment.
- This position offers a blend of both in person and remote work opportunities.
- Starting at 30 hours with potential for full-time with benefits.
- $18 – $21/hour, depending on experience.
- Need to be available between the hours of 9:00am-5:00pm.
Provide essential administrative support to all employees including:
Operations and Human Resources
Provide support/act as a liaison to vendors for the management of our Business Insurance, Workers Comp, Health and Retirement plans including:
- Open Enrollment periods
- Staff reporting
- Support for new employee onboarding including staff manual updates and distribution
- Maintains personnel/human resources records
- PTO tracking
- General administrative support and duties as assigned including filing, data entry, supply ordering, management of office equipment, and communication with vendors.
- Communications support with Upstream Arts’ 30+ Teaching Artists
- Scheduling and tracking of program evaluations, media releases and partner meetings
- Utilize the organizational database to build records for programs, trainings and meetings
- Coordinates staff meetings and arranges logistics for staff trainings
- Program supply ordering
Special Event Coordination/ Support
- Venue booking for Annual Fundraiser and other community events.
- Event logistics and coordination support
- Administrative bookkeeping including tracking of receipts, credit cards, and annual audit support.
- Coordinate travel arrangements including airline ticket booking, lodging, and car rental–potentially three to five annual trips.
- Effective communicator possessing high level of diplomacy
- At least 2+ years of administrative or related experience
- Preferred, not required: Stage Management (Theater)
- Familiarity with databases, File Maker Pro a plus
- Microsoft Office
- Quickbooks ideal, but not critical
- Collaborative work environment with lots of moving pieces
- Interest in nonprofit administration
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays
- Option to join retirement plan
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on July 23, 2021.
Upstream Arts is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, disability, color, creed, religion, ancestry, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, age, veteran status, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance. Individuals with disabilities, people of color, women, trans, and gender-queer individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.