Tapestry Folkdance Center in Minneapolis is seeking a part-time Building, Booking, and Events Coordinator to help with scheduling its two dance studios, helping staff, providing customer service during evening and weekend dances and events (rentals and Tapestry programs), assisting with volunteer coordination, and helping ensure the facility is properly cared for and maintained by all those involved. The role will report directly to Tapestry’s Executive Director, working onsite at Tapestry’s building in the Longfellow neighborhood of South Minneapolis.
Responsibilities will include:
- Helping monitor and respond to rental inquiry emails during scheduled shifts.
- Managing Tapestry’s space calendar to ensure it is up-to-date.
- Helping manage Tapestry volunteer sign-ups and scheduling for dances.
- Opening/closing the building for evening rentals, as needed.
- Helping train and assist volunteers working admissions for Tapestry program dances and stepping in to manage when volunteers are unavailable or cancel.
- Helping gather photos and videos of Tapestry program dances to be used for ongoing social media, marketing, and promotion.
- Monitoring general building upkeep before, during, and after events – toilet paper stocking, general cleanliness, managing heat/HVAC settings, etc.
- Being trained and able to assist with the sound system in each dance studio.
- Supporting Tapestry program leads and renters as needed in their use of the space.
- Ensuring building and organizational policies are followed and respected.
- Completing occasional building upkeep tasks, such as shoveling snow on the sidewalk, deep cleaning dance studios, etc.
- Representing Tapestry’s mission and values as a public-facing role for the organization.
The position will work 8-12 hours per week, primarily on weekend days and evenings between 4:00pm-11:00pm, fluctuating based on event and rental scheduling. This position is ideal for a student or someone looking for nontraditional hours, with strong organization, self-direction, communication, and interpersonal skills. Undergraduate students interested in events management and/or production are especially encouraged to apply. Pay will be between $16-18/hour.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.