Each year, three exceptional Minnesota dance artists receive the coveted honor of a McKnight Dancer Fellowship. SOLO celebrates the 2018 and 2019 recipients with new works expressly tailored for these exceptional performers. The result is an evening of six fascinating world premieres. In 2021, these solos exist as dance films. Join us for the in-person screening premiere at The Cowles Center, or find SOLO online via livestream or on-demand showing.
SOLO fellows and their commissioned choreographers include:
- Renée Copeland – Choreographer: Erika Bettin, Italy
- Sharon Mansur – Co-directors: Yara Boustany, Lebanon; Andrea Shaker, MN; Mette Loulou van Kohl, NY
- Yeniel “Chini” Perez Domenech – Choreographer: Ephrat Asherie, NY
- Erin Thompson – Choreographer: Bebe Miller, OH
- Joseph “MN Joe” Tran – Choreographer: Rudi Goblen, CT
- Elayna Waxse – Choreographer: Bobbi Jene Smith, NY
September 18, 2021 at 7:30pm
In-person and livestreamed.
Tickets: $20-$25, fees included.
Join us after the premiere on September 18 for a Meet the Artist post-show discussion.
SOLO will include some captioning in Spanish and English.