Each year, three exceptional Minnesota dance artists receive the coveted honor of a McKnight Dancer Fellowship. SOLO celebrates the 2018 and 2019 recipients with new works expressly tailored for these exceptional performers. The result is an evening of six fascinating world premieres. In 2021, these solos exist as dance films.
SOLO will include some captioning in Spanish and English.
SOLO Fellows and their commissioned Choreographers include:
- Renée Copeland – Choreographer: Erika Bettin, Italy
- Sharon Mansur – Co-directors: Yara Boustany, Lebanon; Andrea Shaker, MN; Mette Loulou van Kohl, NY
- Yeniel “Chini” Perez Domenech – Choreographer: Ephrat Asherie, NY
- Erin Thompson – Choreographer: Bebe Miller, OH
- Joseph “MN Joe” Tran – Choreographer: Rudi Goblen, FL
- Elayna Waxse – Choreographer: Bobbi Jene Smith, NY
The Cowles Center and the McKnight Foundation’s Artist Fellowships Program present SOLO as part of The Cowles Center’s 21/22 Season.