Each year, three exceptional Minnesota dance artists receive the coveted honor of a McKnight Dancer Fellowship. SOLO celebrates the 2018 and 2019 recipients with new works expressly tailored for these exceptional performers. The result is an evening of six fascinating world premieres. In 2021, these solos exist as dance films. Join us for the in-person screening premiere at The Cowles Center, or find SOLO online via livestream or on-demand showing.
SOLO fellows and their commissioned choreographers include:
- Renée Copeland – Choreographer: Erika Bettin, Italy
- Sharon Mansur – Co-directors: Yara Boustany, Lebanon; Andrea Shaker, MN; Mette Loulou van Kohl, NY
- Yeniel “Chini” Perez Domenech – Choreographer: Ephrat Asherie, NY
- Erin Thompson – Choreographer: Bebe Miller, OH
- Joseph “MN Joe” Tran – Choreographer: Rudi Goblen, CT
- Elayna Waxse – Choreographer: Bobbi Jene Smith, NY
Get tickets and watch the trailer.
We’d be honored if you would join us at The Cowles Center on Saturday, September 18 for the debut screening of SOLO or via a livestream at the same time. The show is also available on-demand until September 25! Tickets are just $25 for the in-person show and $20 for a virtual version.
The Cowles Center requires attendees to show proof of vaccination or negative COVID test if attending in person.
Join us after the premiere on September 18 for a Meet the Artist post-show discussion.
SOLO will include some captioning in Spanish and English