The Walker Art Center is seeking a part-time, temporary Independent Project Manager to join the Walker’s Performing Arts team for the 2022-23 Performing Arts Season. This position will manage three performance-based projects, with a focus primarily on dance. This is a one-year position with the possibility of extension to a second year.
For the three assigned projects, the Independent Project Manager will work closely with artists and/or artist managers, Performing Arts staff, and other Walker colleagues as necessary to:
- create and execute performance contracts;
- manage all project schedules, logistics, and itineraries;
- manage artistic issues (in consultation with Director/Senior Curator);
- manage project-specific community engagement and/or residency activities;
- track project budgets and reconcile project financials;
- write grant reports as applicable;
- contribute to marketing, public relations, and visitor services efforts;
- and participate in relevant meetings, as needed.