James Sewell Ballet (JSB) is seeking dancers for both project and full contract work in the 2023/24 season.
JSB currently consists of six dancers willing to challenge their physical limits, perform a range of emotions, and play with the boundaries of ballet. The company rehearses in Minneapolis, MN, and performs three full programs a year, in addition to other outreach and touring engagements. Choreographic and teaching opportunities regularly exist throughout the season.
Dancers well suited for this job will:
- Have excellent ballet technique and contemporary movement.
- Have strong improvisational skills, or minimally an eagerness to learn.
- Have good partnering knowledge and ability, including sustained overhead lifts for men and ability to weight-share for all.
- Enjoy teaching opportunities that include company classes and outreach with all ages.
- Be enthusiastic about actively participating in the creative process.
- Bring individual competitiveness and interest in growing as an artist, and excitement to be a part of a small, cooperative team.
JSB offers 26-30-week competitive contracts. Starting salary is no less than $700 per week for a full-contract position. The mission of James Sewell Ballet is to transform dance, artists, and audiences through rich collaboration, education, and equitable opportunities.
Audition is by invitation only. To be considered, please send your resume, headshot, and a video link to firstname.lastname@example.org.