Ballet Co.Laboratory’s Graphic Design Internship is designed for individuals interested in executing and refining their design skills. The ideal candidate for this position would have knowledge of designing for both print/electronic platforms, have experience in photography/videography, be able to hit deadlines, and have creative solutions on how to visually market for our productions, school, outreach events, fundraising campaigns, and more.
Ten weeks: June–August 2021
24 hours per week
- Assist in the creation of the 2021/22 performance season print brochure and online elements
- Assist in advancing marketing materials to attract new students to our 2021/22 school year
- Assist in the development of BCL’s 2020/21 Report to the Community (Annual Report)
- Work to capture photo/video footage of dancers in motion in efforts to create a short season video
To ensure an optimal experience for the intern, the following is required:
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud (Acrobat, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint).
- Experience in working with website CMS systems.
- Ability to identify, evaluate, investigate, and offer alternative solutions to problems.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Good interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Willingness to learn.
All interns fulfill their hours the Ballet Co.Laboratory’s studios located at 276 E Lafayette Frontage Road in St. Paul. The internship is unpaid, although all interns receive free classes at BCL throughout their internship.
How to Apply
Email a cover letter, resume, and examples of work to:
Rachel Koep, Managing Director
Deadline to apply is: Monday, June 7, 2021