An audition will be held for professional dancers for Contempo Physical Dance’s third international choreography residency, featuring commissioned work by the 2022 McKnight International Choreographer, Mário Nascimento. Mário is Artistic Director of Corpo de Dança do Amazonas in Manaus, Amazonas, Brazil.
An audition class will be taught by Marciano while Mário observes remotely. In addition to the audition class, each dancer should prepare a solo up to one minute in length that expresses who they are as an artist. Mário in particular is seeking dancers that have a variety of talents, including but not limited to diverse movement backgrounds, as well as skills such as singing, playing an instrument or acting. BIPOC artists are encouraged to audition.
Thursday, August 25
- No pre-registration is required and it is free to audition. We will do on-site registration where dancers will provide contact information and note any scheduling conflicts.
- Headshots and resumes are not required, but will be accepted.
- Dancers will present 1-minute solos after the technique class.
Dancers selected will need the following availability for classes, rehearsals and performances:
- Tuesdays and Thursdays, October 4, 6, 11, 13, 18, 20
- 9:30-11:00am: Company class taught by Marciano
- Mondays-Saturdays, October 24-November 12 – three weeks
- 9:30am-5:00pm: Company class taught by Mário followed by rehearsal
- November 14-17: Technical rehearsals – schedule TBD
- Performances at the O’Shaughnessy on November 18 and 19 at 7:30pm
For more information or for questions, please contact: Jenny Pennaz, Managing Director at firstname.lastname@example.org