Are you interested in making a community impact through dance? Then this opportunity is for you!
The University of Minnesota PARKS study and the Minneapolis & St. Paul Park Boards are partnering to support youth participation (ages 10-12) in park-and-rec center physical activity programs. Free youth dance classes will be offered at rec centers in selected neighborhoods that serve lower-income, racially and ethnically diverse communities.
This study is looking for dance instructors to teach 1-2 classes each week over 4-6 week sessions at park and recreation centers in Minneapolis and St. Paul. The instructor may teach one or more of the following classes: hip-hop, breaking, TikTok dances, improvisation, ballet, modern, or other dance forms. The instructor should have the ability to excite and motivate 10-12-year-olds.
The base rate is $40/hour, but the pay rate will be based on experience.
Starting date: February or March 2023
– Experience teaching dance to youth ages 10-12
– Experience creating a flexible curriculum suitable for youth
– Experience working with youth of all skill and interest levels
– Demonstrated commitment to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion
– Reliable transportation for in-person instruction at recreation centers
– Must pass a background check upon hire
– Bilingual in Spanish and English
– Experience teaching in community education or recreation centers
Contact Chloé Wallace at firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and brief introduction to apply or with questions.
Deadline to apply: January 30, 2023